· the unusual & beguiling Lanterns. Any band that makes a double bass an intricate part of their armoury, alongside the
intertwined harmonies of two lead singers deserves credit for following their instincts. And some of the music is good
· the magnificence of `12 Reasons Why’ (My Life Story). Call me a sucker for a good tune.
· Reggae (Diceman)
· the dark brooding aural attack of Ark (Ark in the Park?). Maybe not best represented in daylight!
· Paul Vickers, lead singer with (now defunct) Dawn of the Replicants (RIP) entertaining us with tales of how to save the
Barn Owl (don’t ask!) then tripping up over the monitor, ending up in an undignified heap, but taking it all in his
· Snow Patrol letting themselves rip
the sight of John Robb taking the time to mix & talk with his fans, not talk down to them. The most unpretentious guy
in rock `n’ roll.